It’s also an Apple-recommended way to fix many subtle system errors, because a hard reset will force all the software to reboot and resolve some stock firmware temporary hiccups. Moreover, this is helpful to identify whether iPhone not turning on is due to a hardware problem.
There are some occasions where you would have to restore the firmware, and this can be done through iTunes normally. With all this information, you must have known why you need or need not restore the firmware on iPhone, the result of it, and how to restore iPhone firmware without iTunes. We truly hope that you find this guide helpful and your firmware can be restored properly. If you have any other questions, please feel free to leave us a comment below, or download and take TunesKit iOS System Recovery a try. Both iOS 15.4 and watchOS 8.5 now include a new tool that allows users to wirelessly restore the Apple Watch firmware using their iPhone. Apple recently released the fourth version of iOS 15 today, since it launched in September 2021. In the first part, we will talk about 3 different methods to restore iPhone firmware.
Inside every hard drive is a piece of software that acts as a translator, allowing the hard drive to communicate with your operating system and applications. This software is called firmware, and it’s hard-coded into the hard drive straight from the factory. Despite extensive testing, many hard drive manufacturers have released buggy firmware in the past, including such giants as Seagate. FSCK stands for “File System Consistency Check,” and its purpose is to check and potentially repair the consistency of the file system on your hard drive.
- Uninstalling the antivirus software on your computer or iPhone can resolve this issue because such security software sometimes blocks installation of firmware.
- We need to use some peripheral devices like keyboards, mouse, printers, etc. to improve the ease of usage on our computers.
- You can then copy them back should you need them later.
- Just click the Download button to initiate the operation process.
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard with its Word repair tool can retrieve your Word file from multiple file loss or corruption cases.
- Because in these cases, the iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible.
When updating the app, all firmware files are updated as well automatically. You can update your iPhone manually by downloading the IPSW firmware files.
- No/invalid Firmware data found for instance in the update file.
- With that, Apple still recommends users to bring their Apple Watches to an Apple Store for repair after the firmware fix in the iPhone has been unsuccessful.
- After fixing the issue, remember to put the card back.
- When iPhone is stuck in the Apple logo, it equates to a toy without batteries.
Please retry, and if the problem persists, please contact Victron Energy. The requested encryption is not supported by the product.